Center for Advanced Bioimaging (CAB) Denmark
The Center for Advanced Bioimaging (CAB) Denmark has an instrument park offering highly improved resolution in six dimensions and additional unique features:
- 1st & 2nd Dimension Superresolution (3D SIM, STED and/or STORM)
- 3rd Dimension high resolution in z axis and at cell surfaces (TIRF)
- 4th Dimension high resolution in time (Spinning disk fluorescence with EM-CCD)
- 5th Dimension high resolution for identification of chemical compounds, measuring interactions and metabolite levels (FRET, FLIM) or macro- and micronutrients in single cells (Laser ablation ICP-MS and laser dissection microscope)
- 6th Dimension high statistical resolution (high content screening, high content analysis; HCS/HCA) robot microscope
- Deep penetration multiphoton excitation scanning microscopes
CAB is placed at the Department of Plant Biology and Biotechnology and offers access and training in methods including, in addition to the above mentioned front edge instruments, CLSM, TEM, and ESEM, a biosafety level 2 cell culture lab and a histological lab for specimen preparation. The CAB received support from the National Research Infrastructure Program and is linked to the European ESFRI project Euro-BioImaging.
Contact: Professor Alexander Schulz.